7 Things My Boss Says and What They Actually Mean
Well he is obviously “The boss” who needs to be respected, appreciated and sometimes buttered too. It all depends on how badly you want your performance for the quarter to score. Everyone who works more has the advantage in the team and gains most concern from the boss. The boss can sometimes be quiet annoying and demanding as well. We curse him, and nag about him throughout the work. But no doubt, he do deserves it because he is that one person whose words you can never really understand in the whole firm.
So here are the 7 things which our lovely boss says and what they actually mean.
- What he asks/ says is : Do you need extra manpower ?
It seems that I am paying a bunch of morons. Better, cut down your break time and Get back to work !!
- We are leaving the problems unfixed on weekends. There is something we need to do about it.
I actually need your damn pitiful faces to come and work even on Saturdays.
- I think it’s time for an outing : You raise your expectations high just to know the height from where you are about to fall .
Imagination for outing : It may be Grand Canyon
Reality : Annual meetings. such a buzz killer !
- We are having a meeting to discuss on how to improve our productivity and efficiency
Oh yeah I am going to point at each one of you. You are going to reason, you are going to argue, but you are not winning.. Go ahead and give it a try.
- I was the one who initiated this project, set this up with no help. See how we have excelled.
It was pretty easy at that time when there was no competition in the market and any new idea sold like hotcakes.
- That’s great! You have a new proposal. Give me a detail report on it so that we can discuss about it further.
And let that discussion continue till you throw that proposal out of your head..
7. “You need an increment? Okay ! We will think about it. “
Hell no! You better forget about it.
Well, bosses are usually tough because that’s how they should be. They are in a responsible position and even a minute mistake brings them in a position, where they are they are answerable to their boss.Your boss clearly knows what exactly revolves around your minds.
Being a friendly boss does not work for him because there are too many wishes in the team that need to be fulfilled and indeed, he cannot approve all of them. He must continue doing what he does to get the work done. That is why he is he is the BOSS.
So, here is what the boss is all about.
B for Bold
O for Outstanding
S for Smart
S for Supervising
He is the one who is capable to manage a bunch of efficient, aggressive and eager employees despite knowing what all we talk about him.
Yeah yeah I know it all !
Madhuri Naidu Chavvakula
Poet by heart. Woman with wanderlust. Writing is my passion.