Reading — A Blissful Escape From Reality
READING — A BLISSFUL ESCAPE FROM REALITY
By Sri Dhanya Maheswaran Babu
Life has beautiful, peaceful and pleasant moments yet sometimes really overwhelming. Everybody, at a certain period in life, want to throw all the problems away and run.
But responsibilities don’t let us go. Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. Books are uniquely portable magic and reading is one of the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have.
Teenagers, now a days, love spending time commenting and liking troll posts and profile pictures. Time is precious yet wasted by doing not so useful things and as a result, at the end of the day, look like a zombie.
The research says that people who are expressive in the social media are really shy in person. Social media also has its own pros yet there is this huge disadvantage of blessing youngsters with stress.
Unlike social media, books deduct stress and also it keeps our vocabulary high. When you start reading a book, there is always something to talk to your best friend. May be the character you want to be or the character you fell in love with, while reading.
There are also some proven scientific results that proves books make you smarter. Here are some reasons to make you go read:
- You will find a safe way to escape when your own life is depressing or just boring. All you need to do to change your negative situations into a positive vibe is to buy some books or a library card and get lost in another world.
- Reading keeps your brain active hence helping your brain from losing power. Studies show that staying mentally active reduces the risk of Alzheimer, a common form of Dementia, usually used to refer the uncommon memory loss.
- You will get to know real people instead of their fake ids. Reading a book enriches your ability to analyze people. It is a painless way to improve your analytical thinking skills. Also you don’t have to trust everybody and get hurt by treacherous people.
- When you read a book, you are never alone. Books become your friends. It takes away your stress and tension and allows you to relax by transporting you to a whole new world.
- Books keep you focused. Everyday multi-tasking skills such as dividing the time between working, talking to people, chatting via whatsapp, facebook and gchat while keeping an eye on the smartphones are definitely not going to keep you focused or concentrated. This lowers your productivity level. Not only for your academics, but concentration is a basic necessity.
- You will learn to talk pretty. Finally, a painless way to improve your vocabulary and grammatical proficiency. Also as an additional offer, you get to learn mannerism and some polite ways to talk to people. Your vocabulary skills increases your love for writing.
- Reading is a nice way to pass time and a useful hobby too. You don’t have to yell at people or tap your foot impatiently while you are in the waiting room and a long queue is ahead. Reading increases humanity and patience.
- There are some people in your life who care about you. Seriously. You being a nicer person may not be important to you but to the people who care. You tend to understand people’s emotions. You will discover that you were dumber than you ever knew.
- Your creativity gets a promotion. If at all you never had any, you will be trained. You will be less afraid of being yourself because when you read, you know that being yourself makes you unique.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies when a normal person lives once. Fall in love with words enhancing yourself and living your life to the fullest at the same time.